WV Archive

White Voice Archive 2 15 17 19 20 21 22 23 27 29 30 31 32

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Poem - No More Brother’s Wars



No More Brother’s Wars

One hundred years have passed away
From that dark and dreadful day
When European Brothers
fought each other

One hundred years have passed away
yet, we remember them today
Our European Brothers
who died together

One hundred years have passed away
And we honour them today
Brave fathers, sons and brothers
Weep together
 Weep forever

Eddy Morrison (Oct 2014)

I had hoped to read this out at the Cenotaph on Sunday 9th November as I did in 2012.
However, I have been informed that those allowed to speak have been selected and there is no time to fit my reading of the poem in. 
In 2011, I read out Rupert Brooke's moving and wonderful poem 'The Soldier'. It was well received at the time.
Luckily  I am able to publish it on my own Blog so it will not go completely wasted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything to say about anything.....